Through my whole working life I have worked outdoors, taking inspiration from nature, I was lucky enough in 2003 to find a niche in the play industry. My main focus since then has been designing and building spaces that have as much biodiversity as play value and encourage children to engage with their surroundings.
Simon Jackman Founder & Director
Formed in 2009 Green Play Project brought together a team of like minded individuals and the company has steadily grown in size since then. Today we have a workshop in Bristol and a clever range of designers & makers who work with us on specific projects and a design team with a strong background portfolio in Industrial, Interior, Landscape, Horticultural and Furniture design, they bring a wealth of knowledge and transferable skills to play.
We design and install play areas that are innovative and inspiring using a mix untreated timbers and metal. We like to develop new concepts and enjoy the challenge of building new products and design ideas, it is very important to us that the company remains innovative and fresh in its outlook with an eye on current trends and theories. Bristol is the perfect base for Green Play Project: as a forward thinking city with a strong environmental passion, our team reflect it’s diverse mix of character, skills and people.
Good to know….
- We have been awarded a framework position with the Forestry Commission for all areas of the UK for 4 years until 2022.
- We are part of the ESPO for Natural Play Areas / Timber Equipment and Bespoke Play Equipment until 2021, ESPO Catalogue for Early Years & Curriculum products from April 2018 until 2022.
- We are on 2 year framework for Devon & Somerset Councils and Rotherham Council to provide play equipment
- Our design work is led by a Landscape Architect and we can supply plans for planning applications, funding applications and public consultation events
- All our equipment conforms to EN1176 & EN1177 Playground Equipment Standards.
- We have £15m Public & Product Liability Insurance plus £2m Professional Indemnity cover
- Our equipment is approved by The Play Inspection Company in a Post Installation Inspection.
- We are accredited to CHAS and ACDC Scheme for Contractors
- Aftercare service – we have a long standing relationship with customers and are happy to provide maintenance, repairs and advice.
Some of our clients….