Seeking an experienced Project Manager to lead the design and build of bespoke playgrounds for schools, nurseries, public spaces and tourist attractions nationwide. This is a key position with excellent future prospects, as we are looking for a candidate to not only help deliver our current portfolio of projects, but help expand our business model. The successful candidate ideally will have at least 5 years’ Site Management experience of external works contracts (hard and soft landscaping), is motivated and is looking for a new challenge. Please email your CV to email@example.com
We are looking to add a Project Manager to strengthen our Landscaping Teams and lead new projects this year.
This is a key position with excellent future prospects, as we are looking for a candidate to not only help deliver our current portfolio of projects, but help expand our business model.
The successful candidate ideally will have at least 5 years’ Site Management experience of external works contracts (hard and soft landscaping), is motivated and is looking for a new challenge.
The ideal applicant will be a strong team player with confident communication skills and a personable manner. it involves travel and working away.
- Reporting to the Director and working alongside the Sales, Strategy & Marketing Manager you will be responsible for site management, programming, budget, Health and Safety and all other aspects of project delivery.
- Introduce and implement new management programmes and planning strategies
- Take a lead at the design stage with plans and estimates, including budgets and timescales and be responsible for work planning, project budgets, finances and briefing project teams, contractors and suppliers.
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of active projects including, the scope of works, programme, tender documentation and contract particulars
- Production of contract programmes; monitoring, amending and updating project operations accordingly and advising of any potential delays.
- Be responsible for managing a number of projects initially which vary from £20k to £500k in value.
- Provide a strong focus on budget and programme, and will be involved with the day-to-day project management, and be expected to attend any key project/client or design meetings.
- The company has a support network of resources for health & safety, commercial, operations, and administration who you will work alongside and will assist you in this role.
- You will also have site managers and subcontractors who will be at your disposal to both organise, supervise and resource accordingly.
- You will be expected to have a reasonable technical ability consistent with this role, and be able to review drawings, specifications, liaise with design team, solve problems ensure works are delivered in accordance with the project brief and to the highest standards of quality.
- Mentoring others in the adherence to Green Play’s procedures and quality practices
- Managing the quality of the delivery of the projects to ensure that the good name of and the reputation of the Company is maintained and enhanced
- Produce and maintain method statements and risk assessments.
Experience and knowledge:
- A variety of experience. Vocational qualifications are not a pre-requisite for this position, but the candidate must be able to communicate and have good interpersonal skills
- Be aware of current health, safety and environmental management standards and legislation.
- Possess either SSSTS or SMSTS
- Relevant CSCS card
Attitude and skills:
- Highly organised and professional in approach with a keen eye for detail
- Assertive and proactive in thinking and approach
- Robust, committed and commercially minded
- Flexible and able to adapt to continuously shifting goals
- Excellent interpersonal skills with all levels, both internally and externally
- Methodical way of thinking and approach to work
- Sound ICT skills.